As a state of the art technology, ALYATEC environmental exposure chamber offers controlled, standardized, uniform, safe and approved experimental conditions for exposures to allergens.
Groups including up to 20 volunteers are able to take part simultaneously to an allergenic exposure. The air composition in the allergen challenge chamber is entirely controlled, protected from seasonal pollutants or dust and can be easily cleaned after allergens diffusion.
Allergen exposure chamber for academic research
ALYATEC Environmental Exposure Chamber is based on a unique technology in the world, especially the only one located in a hospital of excellence.
In addition to the development of treatments in respiratory allergies, ALYATEC allergen challenge chamber is also an academic research site.
Indeed, the allergen challenge chamber is open to any scientific team wishing to carry out clinical trials on physiopathological mechanisms of asthma, conjunctivitis and rhinitis induced by aeroallergens.
This will be developed in the framework of multidisciplinary academic projects.
Allergen exposure chamber for clinical research
The ALYATEC environmental allergen challenge chamber allows to implement clinical research :
- To evaluate the physiopathology of respiratory allergies
- To validate the effect of therapeutic treatments against respiratory allergies (asthma, rhinitis or conjunctivitis)
- To study pathologies induced by polluted indoor environment
- Related to atmospheric air quality
The quality approach
All our studies are carried out in full compliance with the applicable regulations. ALYATEC environmental exposure chamber has been evaluated by both the Regional Health Agency (ARS) and the National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products (ANSM) and has obtained the site authorization for biomedical research.
ALYATEC respects the quality process in accordance with good clinical practice (GCP) and good laboratory practice (GLP).
ALYATEC obtained the authorization of the Ethic Committee and ANSM for all clinical trials.
We ensure that the volunteers are properly informed so that they can actively participate in the clinical trials and lead to the collection of reliable data and ensuring the quality of our studies.
THE SAFETY OF THE VOLUNTEERS IS OUR PRIORITY
- The allergens used in the environmental exposure chamber are validated by ANSM.
- The allergen challenge chamber is located in the New Civil Hospital of Strasbourg, less than 5 minutes from the intensive care unit.
- All medical and nursing personnel is trained in handling allergic reactions
- All staff is trained in first-aid techniques.