The ALYATEC allergen exposure chamber is a remarkable tool for conducting clinical studies related to asthma, rhinitis and conjunctivitis. It makes possible to observe the allergic symptoms of patients in contact with an allergen spread in standardized conditions. The benefits of this unique technology are many:
- Allergenic exposures in ALYATEC chamber are reproducible, homogenous, standardized and controlled. This means that all of the 20 patients sitting in the chamber are in contact with an identical amount of allergen from one exposure to another. This allergen quantity is predifined by the scientific experts of ALYATEC to reproduce ususal environmental conditions. Patients are not over-exposed to allergen in the chamber.
- Clinical trials including ALYATEC environmental exposure chamber allows to overcome the unpredictable weather and seasonal variations. In this way, it is possible to conduct clinical trials for treatments against pollen allergies outside the pollinic season and expose patients to identical amounts of pollen from one year to the next.
- While being in the ALYATEC chamber, patients are in contact with a single chosen allergen (this can ben cat, pollen or mite allergen). The conditions being controlled, we guarantee exposures without contaminants and an allergic reaction specific to a given allergen.
- Exposures in ALYATEC chamber enable to observe rigorously the trigger of allergic symptoms and follow their evolution in live. It makes possible to collect high-quality data and biological samples at specific time-points.
- ALYATEC is located in a hospital environnment ensuring an absolute safety for patients taking part in clinical trials. Also, we only use standardized allergenic extracts validated by health authorities. And our studies are led by medical experts to guarantee flawless patient safety.
- ALYATEC has its own database of patients complying with GDPR standards and which includes medical information to define allergic profile of those patients. This allows us to quickly enroll volunteers and conduct clinical trials in a very short time.
- All these advantages lead to obtain significant results with small cohorts of patients and reduced delays compared to field studies. We can therefore offer reliable and innovative clinical studies at low cost.